- HIGH POTENCY Vitamin D3 5000 IU – The Sunshine Vitamin! PREMIUM GRADE for maximum absorption.
- PROVEN HEALTH BENEFITS: Boosts Immune System, Strengthens bones, teeth and joints. Improves Muscle Function. Enhances mood.
- 1 YEAR SUPPLY – X 360 Small, Easy to Swallow, round tablets. Ideal for young or elderly
- Suitable for VEGETARIANS. FREE from artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners, starch, milk, lactose, soya, gluten, nuts, wheat, yeast or porcine. LONG shelf life.
- MADE IN THE UK: Foil sealed, tamper proof retail bottle, manufactured and packaged in the UK to the highest quality and safety standards in a GMP licensed facility with ISO & UKAS quality assurance certifications. 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Vitamin D and its Sources
Known as the “sunshine vitamin” it is produced when UV rays from sunlight strike bare skin and trigger vitamin D synthesis. For most people the most important source of vitamin D is through exposure to sunlight. However, most Europeans live too far from the equator to get enough from sunlight alone
Factors that can inhibit vitamin D3 production include time of day exposed to sunlight, season, latitude, skin colour, age, clothing, and sunscreen use.
Only a small number of foods contain substantial amounts of vitamin D. Oily fish, including salmon, mackerel and trout contain the largest amounts of vitamin D3. Cod liver oil is a rich source of vitamin D3. Smaller amounts are found in eggs.
Studies have shown upto 70% of Europeans are Vitamin D deficient.
It is important to choose a high quality, optimum potency Vitamin D3 product.
Vitamin D Deficiency
Bone pain and brittleness, muscle weakness, and fatigue can all indicate a deficiency in vitamin D.
Obtaining sufficient vitamin D from natural food sources alone is difficult. In some groups, dietary products might be required to meet the daily need for vitamin D.
People who may be at higher risk for deficiency include those who spend a lot of time indoors, have darker skin pigmentation, are elderly, obese, or People with inflammatory bowel disease, Coeliac and other conditions causing malabsorption.
Benefits of Vitamin D
Essential for the proper absorption of calcium and directly contributes to bone health and strong teeth
Essential for healthy immune system, muscles and nerves
Enhances mood and improves wellbeing
Other studies indicate a reduced risk and improvement of many chronic health conditions.