- A smart and fashionable everyday walking stick from Classic Canes, England.
- The spiral carved into the beech wood gives it a distinctive appearance.
- The derby handle offers excellent support to the hand, and may be hooked over the arm when not in use.
- The derby handle, named after the Lord Derby who invented the shape, is extremely smooth and comfortable in the hand, offering excellent support.
- Gents size – overall height 92cm (36″). Fitted with a rubber ferrule.
A lovely present to give or receive.
EVERYDAY CANES: These are the ?go-anywhere? stalwart models of the Classic Canes range. The elegant Derby handle is reputed to be the invention of an earlier Lord Derby who wanted a practical stick he could also hook over his arm. It offers excellent support as the user?s weight is carried directly over the shaft of the stick. Many styles and variations are offered, from the rustic to the urbane. Practical sticks which are very classy and fine looking!
CLASSIC CANES: In the late 1970s, Ben and Diana Porter bought Warren House, a romantic but ruined property set deep in a neglected Somerset woodland. They gradually rebuilt the house and discovered that the woodland, which was predominantly populated by ash trees, was suitable for growing raw material for rustic walking sticks. Ben applied the traditional forestry technique of coppicing the trees, thus starting the production of walking sticks. In 1982, a small range of sticks was offered to local shopkeepers, who soon demanded a wider selection….