- Can protect cells and tissues. The beneficial effect of beta-glucan on blood lipid levels has been clinically researched at length.
- At the University of Minnesota, doctors gave a group of men and women with high cholesterol either 6g of beta-glucan from oats or glucose (control), every day for six weeks.
- In the study, beta-glucan significantly decreased the amount of total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
- (Source: Queenan et al. Concentrated oat beta-glucan, a fermentable fiber, lowers serum cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic adults in a randomized controlled trial. Nutr J. 2007 Mar 26;6:6.)
- To support healthy immune functioning. Free of gluten, lactose and fructose; vegetarian Beta-glucan can protect the skin form aging; for healthy cholesterol levels
Beta-Glucan: Strong immune system – healthy body
We need a strong immune system in order for our body to function correctly. The immune system is – aside from the individual hereditary disposition – the key to health and a long life. Beta-glucan stimulates the immune system, as proven by a range of studies. What is notable about beta-glucan is the fact that it can support the immune system without overstimulating it. This is especially of interest to those whose immune system displays excessive reactions.
Beta-glucan can protect the skin from aging by stimulating the islets of Langerhans contained within. It can also support cell repair.
– A nutritive supply of beta-glucan polysaccharides to support healthy immune functioning.
– For healthy levels of cholesterol
– Can protect cells and tissues
Recommended intake (for adults):
three capsules daily spread across meals and with plenty of water.
Three capsules contain:
Ingredients: Beta-Glucan (83%; contains 70% polysaccharides from oats), hypromellose (capsule cover), magnesium salts of fatty acids (release agent)
Net contents: 53g/90 capsules