- Lightweight nylon/vinyl fabric shell with two “Figure 6” stirrup straps
- Stirrup straps may be adjusted at anytime during play without removing the shoe
- The straps simulate a professional taping technique, lending additional support and protection for common injuries
- High quality inner lining-Ventilated tongue-Sewn in arch support
- Guaranteed to last
- Fits left or right ankle and most shoe styles
Follwoing its development, the McDavid Ultralite 195 Ankle Support was studied at length by The University of Wisconsin. Athletes admitted to the study were found to suffer from 3x fewer injuries when wearing the 195. Constructed from a single polyester fabric layer, the 195 provides McDavid’s highest level of support (level 3) without being unduly heavy or cumbersome. Its design simulates athletic taping with a figure-6 strapping pattern that consumes the ankle. A compression-comfort top strap delivers a secure, customisable and adaptive fit that can be manipulated without unlacing or removing footwear whilst a ventilated tongue allows the foot to breathe; adjustable lacing provides an additional means of adjusting the brace’s fit. Padded lining allows the 195 to sit comfortably against the foot without chafing it and causing the wearer any undue any irritation whilst a series of reinforced closures prevent straps and adjustments from loosening during high intensity activity.